Pentecostal Temple Revival Center
Doctrinal Statement of Faith
· We believe in one true and living God, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
· We believe that God is holy, all-sovereign, all-powerful, all-knowing, and ever-present; the Creator and controller of all things in accordance with His eternal and immutable purpose.
· We believe that Man, created in the image of God, was made perfect; but he disobeyed God, became a sinner, a creature totally depraved and at enmity with God, spiritually dead in his sins, in need of God’s grace and salvation.
· We believe that Jesus-Christ is the true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He is the sole and necessary Savior provided as propitiation by God Himself for the sin of mankind, because of His love. His substitutionary death on the Cross satisfies divine justice, and purchased all things necessary to ensure eternal salvation of His people. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven where He is now our High priest and advocate.
· We believe that the Holy Spirit is God, who leads all to salvation, regenerates, illumines, sustains, and empowers the believer for godly living and service.
· We believe that salvation is a gift from God, out of His good pleasure to rescue His people, the elect of mankind by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus-Christ alone. Such is the power of sin that man will not and cannot of himself seek God. Therefore God determines to save all for whom Christ died, by drawing them to Himself through the renewing work of the Holy Spirit, thus enabling them to repent of their sins and to turn too Him.
· We believe that the Church is the body of Christ made of believers in Christ that are predestined, elected, chosen by God, saved by grace alone, and eternally secured. Jesus alone is the head of the church. All those indwelt by the Holy Spirit will by their words and deeds show their allegiance to Jesus-Christ.
· We believe that the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, to be the complete, inspired word of God without error in the original writings, the sufficient revelation of His will for the salvation of mankind, and the divine authority for all Christian faith, life, and practice.
· We believe that the Lord of the Church has commanded two (2) ordinances or sacraments which the church is to continue to the end of the ages - The Lord’s Supper, and water baptism of believers by immersion. Neither of these has in itself the power to save mankind from their sins; but they are outward symbols of inward spiritual realities.
· There is a future Day of the personal coming of the Lord Jesus-Christ, of the resurrection of the dead, and of Judgment appointed by God with Christ for all mankind, when each on who has ever lived, will give an account of his life, and will receive either everlasting life with Christ in Heaven; or everlasting punishment with Satan in Hell.
Pentecostal Temple Revival Center is a church committed to historic orthodox Christianity and the Reformation heritage. It is our concern to uphold the historic confessions of the church and five solas of the Reformation, which wonderfully summarize the gospel of grace:
SOLA SCRIPTURA (THE BIBLE ALONE): We affirm that the inerrant Scripture is to be the sole source of divine revelation, which alone can bind the conscience. The Bible alone teaches all that it is necessary for our salvation from sin and is the standard by which all Christian behavior must be measured.
SOLUS CHRISTUS (CHRIST ALONE): We affirm that in salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His grace alone. It is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.
SOLA FIDE (FAITH ALONE): We affirm that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. In justification Christ’s righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God’s perfect justice.
SOLI DEO GLORIA (GLORY TO GOD ALONE): We affirm that because salvation is of God and has been accomplished by God, it is for God’s glory, and that we must glorify Him always. We must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God, and for the glory of God alone.